For more than 30 years, Wharfedale’s famous Diamnd speakers have served as the classic entry point to true high-fidelity sound, their exceptional value for money earning dozens of awards around the globe. Now with the introduction of the Diamond 200 Series, Wharfedale has once again raised the bar for affordable, high-performance loudspeakers.
Technological enhancements across the range include:
- A unique cabinet construction
- A sandwich of particleboard between MDF, which has enabled improvements both aesthetic and sonic
- New lacquered baffle design further enhances aesthetics
- A bass motor system with larger magnets makes the speakers easier to drive and boosts transient acoustic power
- Enhanced ‘Slot-loaded distributed Port’ - for lower turbulence and there for low frequency distortion
- Upgraded crossover networks
2016 sees the new addition of the Diamond 225.
This new addition to the Diamond 200 family builds on the best-seller in the series, the Diamond 225. Utilising a larger 165mm woven fibre cone, bass extension is extended to a lower 40Hz, giving you even more performance at a similar, affordable price.
What's In The Box?
- 8 rubber grommets (feet)
- User's Manual
- Install Guide
General description 2-way centre speaker Enclosure type bass reflex Transducer complement 2-way Bass driver 165mm Woven Kevlar Cone Treble driver 25mm Soft Dome AV shield No Sensitivity(2.83V @ 1m) 87dB Recommended amplifier power 25-120W Peak SPL 96dB Nominal impedance 8Ω Compatible Minimum impedance 4.2Ω Frequency response (+/-3dB) 45Hz ~ 20kHz Bass extension (-6dB) 40Hz Crossover frequency 2.3kHz Cabinet Volume (in litres) 10.3L Net weight 6.5kg/pcs Gross weight 15.2kg/ctn Dimensions (mm) 355 x 196 x 290