- Vinyl vs DigitalQuestion by: general_question on 2016-07-21 23:29:28
One of the most commonly asked question is what is better? Vinyl or Digital music.
Short answer is both have their pros and cons.
I will go through the differences are we see them and try to list the pros and cons as comprehensively as we can.
- Delivers analog sound. This is what is refered to as a 'warm' sound. Analog sound is what we hear with our ears. The vibration of the styli (needle) in the groove of the record creates sine waves that is then reproduced by the amplifier and speakers. There is no digital conversion that is an estimate of the music.
- Can last a lifetime.
- Cartidges and styli can usually be upgraded.
- Delivers a wider frequency range including ultrasonic frequencies (above 20 kHz) that have been shown to help the body release endorphines that brings on that 'feel-good' feeling.
- Potentially more accurate sound.
- Can come with booklets with band photos and lyrics.
- Can be easily damaged.
- Large music collections can take up alot of space.
- Not 'toddler friendly' (though they DO make good frisbees)
- Needs more maintenance.
- Not a portable media.
- Large collections in very small space.
- Can be used in multiple devices. (computers, phones, MP3 players, CDs, USB sticks, etc)
- Much less suseptible to physical damage than vinyl.
- Can be organised much more efficiently. (search entire music libraries with a simple click)
- Digital devices can be improved by external Digital to Analog Convertors. (DACs)
- Can be digitally remastered after recording. (Usually done is a studio)
- Easy to make copies of files.
- Can lose entire collections if hard discs fail.
- Doesn't have the 'warmth' that vinyl has.
- Is not an exact copy of the music. Digital music is an estimate that is accomplished with 'sample rates' (the higher the sample rate the closer to the original)
- A lot of digital music is compressed. (lower sound quality)
- Potential compatability issues with different file types on different hardware.Answer by: on
PANASONIC RPCDHX30 HDMi Cable 3m
Panasonic High Grade, High Speed HDMI cable gives you the ultimate picture image and sound quality.
The CDHX series delivers the ultimate in pure digital signals for the highest quality pictures and sound. This is achieved with a silver-coated, solid metal composite, 0.32mm wide cord which replaces the original twisted copper line (the metal composite transmits low-frequency signals and the silver coating transmits high-frequency signals).
Cutting edge digital sources, such as 4K x 2K resolution and 3D high-definition, demand extremely high data transfer rates and high levels of noise shielding for the cord. By adding a triple layer shielding cord, the CDHX’s inside plug is shielded with a metal case, and the plug itself is protected by a zinc, die-cast metal cover. The result is dramatically-minimised electro-magnetic interference.
The flat shape of the cord keeps adequate distance between the inside lines, avoiding signal interference, and keeps the cord flexible enough to bend without data interruption. This makes connection easier, even in the tight space behind flat screen TVs.
- Product Id :534
- Brand :Panasonic
- Product Name :PANASONIC RPCDHX30 HDMi Cable 3m
- Product Url :https://www.apollohifi.com.au/panasonic-rpcdhx30-hdmi-cable-3m.html
More from this brand
- PANASONIC Genuine Wall Brackets suit various modelsSpecial Price $49.00 Regular Price $449.00
- PANASONIC DP-UB820 4K BluRay PlayerSpecial Price $649.00 Regular Price $719.00
- PANASONIC DP-UB9000 Premium Blu-Ray PlayerSpecial Price $1,549.00 Regular Price $1,799.00