The AVR-X1400H 7.2 channel AV Surround Receiver delivers state-of-the-art 3D surround sound and powerful music performances, thanks to built-in HEOS technology.
Enjoy an exceptional surround sound experience with the latest audio formats including Dolby Atmos and DTS:X. The AVR-X1400H’s 7 amplifier design means, you can run two dedicated overhead speakers in a 5.1.2 configuration.
THE HEART OF YOUR WIRELESS NETWORK.
Every sound, all your music, controlled effortlessly. Full wireless connectivity is provided via both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth and Apple Airplay is supported. The built-in HEOS technology allows the AVR-X1400H to become the app-controlled heart of a whole-house wireless multi-room sound network.
READY FOR THE FUTURE OF HOME CINEMA.
The AVR-X1400H’s advanced video section is fully compatible with the latest HDMI 2.0a and HDCP 2.2 specifications and prepared for any 4K Ultra HD source. High Dynamic Range (HDR), Dolby Vision compatibility and Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG, via firmware update) are also available.
POWERFUL 7.2 CHANNEL AMP WITH ECO MODE.
Featuring high current discrete power output devices on all channels, the AVR-X1400H delivers high power and is rated at a maximum of 145 watts per channel. There’s also an Auto Eco mode that adjusts the maximum power available according to the volume level as well as an on-screen Eco metre that lets you see the power consumption reduction in real time.
SOUND IN THE RIGHT PLACE.
Feel every dimension in Dolby Atmos. Dolby Atmos transports you into the story with moving audio that flows all around you with breathtaking realism. Enjoy a 5.1 surround sound speaker system and 2 additional overhead speakers or 2 Dolby Atmos elevation speakers for the ultimate home theatre experience - including Dolby Surround upmixer for legacy content.
BE CLOSER TO THE ACTION.
DTS:X™ immersive audio places sound where it would occur naturally in space, creating a lifelike, multi-dimensional audio experience in the home. The improved immersion and heightened realism draw you into the world of your favourite movies. The included spatial remapping engine, DTS Neural:X™, gives your movie, game and music collections a new lease on life! DTS:X brings the theatre home.
FUTUREPROOF IN EVERY WAY.
All eight HDMI inputs and two HDMI outputs feature HDCP 2.2 compatibility and the latest HDMI specifications, including 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Colour sub-sampling, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and 21:9 video, 3D, and BT.2020 pass-through support.
BREATHE NEW LIFE INTO LEGACY SOURCES.
The AVR-X1400H owns an advanced video processor to upscale existing lower resolution video from DVDs or other digital sources to true 4K. Thanks to the two HDMI outputs, you can even connect a TV and a projector in parallel.
NEXT GENERATION VIDEO FORMATS.
The AVR-X1400H supports High Dynamic Range (HDR) video format. It is even ready for Dolby Vision and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma; via future firmware update). Dolby Vision transforms the viewing experiences with astonishing brightness, contrast, and colour.
MEASURE YOUR SOUND TO YOUR ROOM.
The AVR-X1400H features the Audyssey MultEQ XT room acoustic measurement system. With the supplied microphone, it exactly analyses each speaker's output to optimise each channel. With the additional Audyssey MultEQ Editor App (available for purchase), very advanced users can go even further "under the hood" if desired.
POWERFUL DSP AUDIO PROCESSING.
The AVR's DSP (Digital Sound Processor) chip features tremendous processing power with 4 300-MHz DSP cores that can process over 1 billion computations per second.
UNWIRE YOUR SOUND.
The AVR-X1400H is equipped with an advanced dual antenna system for robust and error-free streaming, featuring Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity as well as Apple's AirPlay.
EVERYTHING UNDER CONTROL.
With the "Denon 2016 AVR Remote" app you can control the receiver's operation and even control your Denon Blu-ray player. With the HEOS app you can easily command your multi-room streaming.
CHOOSE YOUR FAVOURITE SOURCES.
Store your preferred set-up and sound mode for every source, so that you can access them quickly at the push of a button on the front panel and the remote control.
ENJOY SUPERB AUDIO FIDELITY.
The AVR-X1400H features high resolution audio decoding with multiple lossless file types including ALAC, FLAC and WAV at up to 24-bit/192-kHz along with compatibility for 2.8/5.6-MHz DSD files (DSD is the audio coding format of SACD).
FLEXIBILE ZONE PLAYBACK.
With the AVR-X1400H it's possible to enjoy 5.1-channel surround in one room, while another 'zone' plays another source—such as CD or streaming audio.
ACCURATE BASS ANYWHERE.
A single subwoofer can give an uneven bass response, with audible peaks and dips. The AVR-X1400H provides for two subwoofers to even out the low frequencies, for more accurate bass anywhere.
GET THE AMAZING
Enjoy your favourite music anywhere – and everywhere – around your home. Share music stored on your home network, Internet radio or streaming services with HEOS wireless speakers, or even other HEOS-capable receivers, throughout the house. Control it all with the free HEOS app. Enjoy music from Spotify, TuneIn, Sound Cloud, Mood:Mix, Tidal, Napster and Deezer.
- DTS:X, DTS HD Master, and DTS Neural:X on board
- Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, and Dolby Surround on board
- Multichannel Stereo
- 7.1 Channels of processing
- 7 Discrete Power Amplifiers
- Audyssey MultEQ XT, Dynamic EQ, and Dynamic Volume
- MDAX2 Compressed Audio Restorer
- Audyssey APP Support
- Supports MP3, WMA, and AAC Lossy formats
- Supports FLAC, ALAC and WAV Lossless formats
- Supports up to Double Rate DSD (5.6MHz
- 24bit-192kHz FLAC and WAV maximum resolution
- Gapless playback with FLAC, WAV, ALAC and DSD
- Apple Airplay on board
- Bluetooth Audio Streaming
- Wi-Fi and Ethernet port
- HEOS Multiroom provides access to Spotify (Connect), Deezer, Pandora, Soundcloud, Tidal + More
- Internet radio provided by TuneIn
- Android, iOS, and Amazon Kindle Apps available
- 5 HDMI Inputs on rear
- 1 HDMI Input on front
- HDCP2.2 supported
- 1 HDMI Output
- 3D, 4K, CEC, and ARC supported
- Auto LipSync
- Signal pass-through in standby mode
- GUI Overlay on HDMI
Multiroom / CI
- 2 Multi-Room Zones
- Zone 2 Audio from Network, USB, and Analog inputs
- Zone 2 outputs from speaker terminals 6 & 7 (assignable)
- IP Control and App Control (HEOS or Denon Remote App)
- Auto Speaker setup by microphone provided by Audyssey MultEQ XT
- 1 line display
- Hybrid GUI in 9 languages
- Setup Assistant
- Quick Select Plus
- Firmware update via network or USB
- Variable Cross Over
- Optimized Bass Redirection
- ECO Mode
- Auto Power Off
- Sleep Timer
Inputs / Outputs
- 2 Composite Inputs, 1 Output
- 5+1 HDMI Inputs, 1 Output
- 2 Analog Stereo RCA Inputs
- 2 Optical Toslink Digital Inputs
- 2 Subwoofer Pre-Outs (0.2)
- 7 Screw Type Speaker Terminal pairs
- Amplifier channels 6 & 7 can be assigned to Speakers B, Bi-Amp, Zone 2, or Atmos Enabled speaker output
- USB Audio (Plays files stored on USB storage), iPod, and iPhone support
- FM Tuner with RDS
- 7 Power Amplifiers
- 80W Power Output (8 ohm, 20Hz - 20kHz, 0.08%, 2ch drive)
- 145W Power Output (6ohm, 1kHz, 1%, 1ch drive)
- Available in Black
- RC-1217 Remote Control provided
- 430W maximum power consumption
- 29W Power Consumption at idle (no sound)
- 0.1W Standby power consumption
- 0.5W CEC Standby power consumption
- Maximum dimensions (W x D x H in mm): 434 x 339 x 151