Azur 851E Pre-Amplifier
Stunning signal-noise ratios – Total harmonic distortion for the 851E is now <0.00045% @1KHz, <0.000057% @20kHz. Signal-noise (unweighted) is <110dBr, <90dBU. Those figures are at the very limit of what we can even measure.
Solid state volume control – While the volume is controlled digitally, but the volume control is analogue. This innovative, solid state solution delivers absolutely precise and linear control and retains channel balance perfectly at low levels while ensuring the audio signal is left untouched.
Terrapin impedance buffering modules – Cambridge Audio's proprietary modules replace the op-amps commonly found in similar preamplifiers. At the critical low level gain stages, these offer far improved stereo separation and imaging – unheard of at this price point.
Integration – The 851E has a wider range of input options than its predecessors, with eight inputs including three switchable between unbalanced RCA and balanced XLR – the latter ideal for connecting to a broad range of high-end sources. Plus flexible and configurable trigger, IR outputs and control bus make it easy to connect to modern power amps.
All-metal chassis – Including extensive use of aluminium
- Barely measurable distortion – total harmonic distortion <0.00045% @1KHz, <0.000057% @20kHz, signal-noise (unweighted) <110dBr, <90dBU
- Innovative solid state volume control – retains analogue audio signal purity and precisions even at low levels
- 8 inputs including 3 XLR balanced/RCA unbalanced switchable
- Cambridge Audio's Terrapin impedance buffering modules – separating amplifier and signal impedance
- Flexible and configurable trigger/IR outputs and control bus for connection to power amp
- All-metal chassis - this combines massive structural rigidity, careful damping and control of acoustic resonance
- Remote Control – Compatible with the entire 851 range
THD (unweighted) < 0.00045% @ 1kHz
< 0.00057% @ 20kHz
S/N (unweighted) < 110dBr
Frequency response 10Hz - 100kHz ± 0.1dB Crosstalk @1kHz > 110dB Maximum output 8V rms unbalanced
8V + 8V rms balanced
Output impedance 100 Ohms (Unbalanced or Balanced) Subwoofer output Flat or 200Hz 2nd Order Butterworth LPF Max power consumption 36W Bass & Treble controls Shelving type
Max bass boost/cut ± 10 dB at 10 Hz
Max treble boost/cut ± 7.5 dB at 20 kHz
Standby power consumption <0.5W Dimensions (H x W x D) 115 x 430 x 385mm (4.5 x 16.9 x 15.2’’) Weight 8.1kg (17.9lbs)