The new Planar 2 was developed over the past two years alongside the recently released Planar 3. Featuring the brand new RB220 tonearm which is packed with groundbreaking new features.
A new 24v, low noise motor, acrylic laminated plinth, newly designed central bearing and so much more. Every feature of this innovative new turntable is designed to extract the maximum amount of information and detail from your vinyl collection.
OPTIONAL PERFORMANCE PACK
Want to take the performance of your new Planar 2 turntable to the next level? The Performance Pack can be purchased as an aftermarket kit for your Planar 2 turntable.
Included in the pack:
- Bias 2 moving magnet cartridge
A hand assembled moving magnet cartridge which uses a high quality elliptical stylus and parallel wound coils that would usually be found in cartridges, costing many times the amount. Housed in Rega’s unique, lightweight, high rigidity cartridge body, the Bias 2 offers a detailed, balanced performance with tight bass and excellent stereo imagery.
- Upgrade drive belt
The increased drive delivered by the upgrade belt offers greater speed, stability and accuracy. This is especially noticeable during long musical notes which adds greatly to the musical performance of the turntable.
- 100% natural wool turntable mat
A high quality mat manufactured from 100% natural wool. Wool, having stiffer fibres than synthetic man made material, directly improves coupling between the phenolic resin platter and the vinyl LP.
Tonearm - Featuring the brand new RB220 tonearm which is packed with groundbreaking new features. Incorporating new ultra low friction, Rega designed, bespoke, zero play ball bearings (Patent Pending), housed within a brand new, stiffer and lightweight bearing housing which was developed with a new automatic bias setting negating the need for the user to set bias, making it almost completely plug and play apart from simple arm balancing. The new housing also includes an integrated arm clip and uses Rega's latest custom aluminium arm tube.
Hub bearing - The Planar 2 has a new 11mm self securing brass bearing (Patent Pending) offering improved fit and less stress on the bearing preventing the transfer of potential energy.
Plinth - High gloss acrylic laminated plinth, stiffer and vastly improved appearance with ergonomically positioned power switch. Two plinth finishes at launch: gloss black & gloss white
Motor - New 24v low noise, low vibration motor assembly and new PCB.
Platter - New float glass ‘Optiwhite’ 10mm – Improved accuracy platter.
Other features :
- Re-designed feet - New improved foot assembly to increase stability and reduce vibration transfer.
- Carbon cartridge - supplied as standard on all Planar 2’s for simple plug and play convenience.
- Motor cover tray - with integrated cooling.
- Optional lid / plinth protectors - supplied to prevent marks on the plinth and keep it looking its best.
- Instructions - Easy to use multi-lingual quick start guide for easy set up.
- Packaging - New improved packaging.
Dimensions (lid closed) H 11.7 x W 44.7 x D 36 cm
Rega Carbon Cartridge Specs
- Output: 2.5mV at 1kHz
- Stylus: User replaceable.
- Fixing: Standard, two screws
- Cantilever: Carbon
- Colour: Black/White
- Tracking Pressure 2-3g
Rega Bias 2 Cartridge Specs (Performance Pack Upgrade)
- Output: 6.8 - 7.2mV
- Stylus: Elliptical, not user replaceable
- Fixing: Standard, two screws
- Coils: High spec parallel wound coils
- Colour: Red
- Tracking Pressure 1.75g
- The new Planar 2 was developed over the past two years alongside the recently released Planar 3. Featuring the brand new RB220 ton...
$849.00Call for Price!