(The Zeppelin Air in this video is the older 30pin model, the current model has a lightning connector, without any change to the quality of sound)
Zeppelin™ is back, and it’s better than ever. Radical acoustic advances make Zeppelin Air the bestsounding iPod speaker yet. Plus, Apple’s AirPlay® technology
allows music to be streamed wirelessly from your Mac or PC to Zeppelin Air. You can even bypass the computer entirely, and stream high-quality audio directly from your iPhone®, iPad® or iPod touch®. All without the need to dock the device. If you have more than one Zeppelin Air, you can use them in a 'simple to set up' multiroom system.
Wireless Music with AirPlay
Think of a tune. With an AirPlay Speaker, you can play it – instantly. Zeppelin Air comes with Apple’s AirPlay technology, letting you stream music wirelessly from your iPhone®, iPad®, iPod touch ®, Mac or PC. And all in blistering high-quality lossless audio. It’s time to set your music free.
Every Song, Wirelessly
Zeppelin Air lets you play your entire music collection wirelessly. From your Mac or PC, or streamed directly from your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad. It works seamlessly with all your favourite music apps, like Spotify and Last.fm. Music is everywhere: how you play it is up to you.
AirPlay Setup App
With the free Bowers & Wilkins Control App, it’s a breeze to set up and manage Zeppelin Air. The app will walk you through the simple steps to connect to your Wi-Fi, and choose and manage your settings, all wirelessly. Because we’re sure you'd rather be listening to great music than messing about with cables or flicking through manuals.
Digital tracks are simple sequences of code. To turn this code into a signal that speakers can recognise, you need digital-to-analogue converters (DACs for short). Poor quality DACs can lose detail in the conversion process – so it’s good to know that Zeppelin Air’s audiophile quality 24bit DACs are some of the best in the business. Meaning the sound you hear is that much closer to the sound of the original performance.
- Apple® AirPlay® technology
- Universal docking port Digital
- Signal Processing (DSP)
- Digital amplifier
- Switch mode power supply USB streaming from PC / Mac®
- iPod® / iTunes® sync
- Remote control
- Drive units: 2x 25mm (1.0 in) Nautilus™ tube aluminium tweeter 2x 75mm (3.0 in) Midrange 1x 125mm (5.0 in) Subwoofer
- Frequency response:51Hz – 36kHz ±3dB on reference axis Frequency range: -6dB at 36Hz and 42kHz
- Amplifier power output: 2x 25W (tweeter) 2x 25W (midrange) 1x 50W (subwoofer)
- Input voltage: 100V - 240V ~ 50/60Hz
- Rated power consumption: 100W
- Standby power consumption: 0.8W
- Inputs: iPod® / iPhone® (30-pin connector) or Lightning Connector, Network (RJ45 Ethernet or Wi-Fi) Auxiliary - analogue / optical digital (3.5mm mini jack) Streaming, synchronization & firmware upgrades (USB 2.0)
- Outputs: Composite Video (RCA Phono) Height: 173mm (6.8 in) Width: 640mm (25.2 in) Depth: 208mm (8.2 in)
- Net weight:6.2kg (13.5 lb)
- Enclosure: Gloss black with stainless steel trim
- Grilles: Black cloth