BONUS BLUETOOTH valued at $29.
The long awaited Mini+ arrived in Australia at the beginning of June 2012.
It has some dramatic improvements over its predecessor, the most noticeable being the fact that it now has input selection which can be accessed via the new stylish remote control or by a series of short presses on the volume/control knob. There are four input options, iPod, RCA 1, RCA 2, and 3.5mm stereo jack.
The iPod/iPhone connection is an integral part of the AktiMate Mini+ system. Lift the lid and carefully plug your iPod/iPhone into the concealed docking station on the top of the speaker. If you have an adaptor which came with your iPod/iPhone, please position it in the dock before connecting your iPod. If you did not receive one when purchasing your iPod/iPhone it is suggested you obtain one - although it is not essential provided you take care when positioning and removing the device from the dock.
In addition to being able to use your iPod/iPhone, your AktiMate Mini+ speakers have 2 other types of inputs on the rear panel. The 2 x RCA inputs (L&R) are ideal for connecting a CD player, tuner, or other line level source. The AUX 3.5mm socket is ideal for connecting to a computer sound card, AirPort Express, or other type of MP3 player.
Your AktiMate Mini+ is an ideal TV speaker. Connection is simple using one of the RCA inputs. Input selection is either by remote control or by use of the control knob on the front of the speaker. The selection operates on a cycle - iPod/Aux 1/Aux 2/3.5 mm jack.
The control knob has several functions - volume control, input selection and standby. To operate the volume, rotate the knob right or left to increase or decrease the level. The blue LED in the window will flash when the volume level is changing. There are 30 level steps from 0 to maximum.
There are four inputs on your AktiMate Mini+. Short presses on the control knob will cycle through those four inputs.
To wake-up your AktiMate Mini+ press the control knob once. This will turn the orange LED off, the red Mute LED will light temporarily and then the Blue LED will indicate the system is in play mode. A long press on the control knob will put your system back into Standby.
It is possible to run multiple pairs of Aktimate Mini+ speakers with an RCA stereo cable. Simply connect between the Aux RCA output of the master pair and one of the aux RCA inputs of the second pair. The source connected to the first pair will then play simultaneously through the second pair. The volume can be controlled by the master volume, but the level can then be increased on the slave pair to suit the conditions in that location.
The AktiMate Mini+ will charge your iPod/iPhone when it is in the dock and the speakers are on. Even if you are listening to a different source, your device will still charge. However it will not charge when the system is in Mute.
The new remote has many functions. It is possible to put the system into Standby or wake it up by pressing the power button (top left side). This is not a power on/off button - the unit needs to be switched on from the power switch on the rear panel.
The remote control handset allows basic functions for your iPod - i.e. menu, enter, forward/back, shuffle, repeat, play and pause. The buttons on the bottom right and left of the handset control the volume level of all inputs including your iPod. The blue LED will flash to show when the volume is changing from 0 to 30.
Pressing the Mute button on the top right will cut the sound from all inputs and a Red LED will light. When muted, any device will continue to play but will not be heard. When taken out of mute the volume will be unchanged.
Pressing the Input button on the top right will cycle through inputs on each press - the order being iPod/Aux 1/Aux 2/3.5 stereo jack.
The Mini+ comes complete with speaker wire, so you can literally unpack, connect the speakers, connect to mains power, switch on, pop your iPod/iPhone in the dock and you are listening to your favourite music through superb hi-fi stereo speakers within minutes of walking through your front door.
- Configuration: 2-Way Active Bookshelf Speakers (1 Active 1 Passive speaker)
- Power Output: 40W into its own 4 Ohm speaker load
- Woofer: 130mm (5.25 ins) mid/bass with moulded polypropylene cone. Shielded magnet.
- Tweeter: 25 mm (1 in) soft dome with neodymium magnet
- Frequency Response: 50Hz - 22kHz +/- 1.5dB
- Power Amplifier: Class A/B (built in) 40 Watts per channel RMS, Nat-Semi LM4766 Overture, Burr-Brown PGA2311 digitally controlled analogue volume control
- Transformer: 120W Toroidal power transformer
- Inputs: 2 Pairs RCA Stereo Sockets, 1 x 3.5 mm stereo jack plug, Apple iPod dock
- Outputs: 1 Pair RCA Stereo Sockets (un-filtered) for connection of subwoofer or to daisy-chain to 2nd pair
- THD: <0.05%
- Crosstalk: <50dB
- Passive speaker impedance: 10k Ohms unbalanced
- Input Impedance: 4 Ohms
- Protection: Output current limiting, thermal over-temperature, power on/off transient protection, replaceable external mains fuse
- Mains voltage: 240/120V 50/60 Hz
- Inclusions: IEC power cord, 3-metres of connecting speaker cable, IR remote control handset, 4mm Banana plugs, Rubber feet
- Finish: Black gloss, Red gloss, White gloss
- Size: 300 x 185 x 210 mm
- Weight: 12 Kgs
- Packaging: Packed in 1 carton
- Warranty: 12 months - original purchaser only - applicable in country of purchase
* iPod/iPhone not included