SVS PC-2000 Subwoofer
Sporting a unique and innovative cylinder design with a footprint measuring just 16.5-inches in diameter, the SVS PC-2000 subwoofer delivers unmatched bass performance per square-inch of floor space. Standing 34-inches tall with a 12-inch down-firing driver and 500 watts RMS, 1,100+ watts peak power DSP amplifier, the PC-2000 is a striking monolith of low frequency output that uses vertical height to achieve effortless bass output at all drive levels, with minimal floor space required. It is also the first SVS subwoofer to come standard with the SoundPath Subwoofer Isolation System. The elastomer feet decouple and isolate the PC-2000 from the floor, resulting in tighter and cleaner bass with less room rattle and bass bleed into other rooms.
An icon of SVS subwoofer innovation, the cylinder-shaped cabinet design of the PC-2000 subwoofer lets owners benefit from the performance of a larger subwoofer, without sacrificing floorspace. Over 20 driver prototypes were built by hand and punished with rigorous real-world testing; including 100-hours straight of full power testing; before the final version of the 2000 Series driver was approved, making it one of the finest subwoofer drivers and motor assemblies in production.
Commanding 12-Inch SVS High Output Driver
The PC-2000 powered subwoofer boasts a 12-inch down-firing 2000 Series driver consisting of dual high-grade ferrite magnets and an FEA-optimized motor for nearly distortion-free performance. A reinforced Nomex spider was integrated for improved linearity and driver control, especially important when the STA-500D amplifier is pushing the PC-2000 to maximum output levels.
Powerful and Sophisticated Sledge STA-500D Amplifier
Conservatively rated at 500 watts RMS and 1,100 watts peak power, the Sledge STA-500D DSP amplifier inside the PC-2000 subwoofer delivers effortless power for maximum SPLs and sonic impact in movies and music, while maintaining pinpoint accuracy on frequency and transient response. It also has brains to match its brawn. A sophisticated DSP offers an array of filters and volume, gain, and phase controls for fine-tuning performance, and the efficient Class-D design consumes less than half-a-watt of power in stand-by mode.
Rated at 17-270 HZ +/- 3dB, the PC-2000 features a stereo line-level RCA input and 80Hz high pass filtered output connections, continuously variable volume and phase controls, and a rear-firing 4-inch high-flow port with large radius inner and outer flanges. Interchangeable black ash or piano gloss top caps give the subwoofer design flexibility to match a range of décors.
- 16-260Hz +/-3 dB
- Expect 2-3Hz deeper extension in small to mid-size rooms
- 2 meter ground plane away from reflective structures (quasi anechoic)
- Elegant interchaneable top cap with choice of piano gloss or black ash finish.
- Down firing 12" 2000 series driver
- Rear firing 4" high flow port with custom tooled outer port flare
- Premium black-knit speaker grille cloth cylinder covering
- Rear mounted sledge 500W amplifier SVS exclusive flush mounting system
- Soundpath subwoofer isolation system feet included as standard equipment
- Extremely rigid and strong cylinder enclosure
- Overall Dimensions
- 42.2cm Outer Diameter
- 86.4cm High
- New SVS 12" 2000-series driver
- Powder coated cast aluminium basket
- Dual high grade ferrite magnets
- Finite elemant analysis optimized motor structure
- Dual shorting rings reduce gap induction and lower distortion
- Extended pole piece improves heat sink and thermal management properties.
- 2" diameter high power voice coil
- Upgraded Nomex spider for improved linearity and driver control at extreme drive levels
- High quality insulated tinsel leads with 3 point contact precision alignment
- Lightweight aluminium cone with polypropylene dust cap provides excellent rigidity and pistonic behavior
- Low creep rubber long throw surround for excellent durability and logevity
- New Sledge STA-500 DSP amplifier
- 500 Watts RMS continuous (1100 watts peak dynamic)
- Efficient and cool running class D topology
- DSP control for accurate response and refined behavior under all operating conditions
- Main power rocker switch
- Auto-on / On toggle switch
- 3-12V trigger with 3.5mm TRS minijack input
- Green standby mode with > 0.5W power consumption
- Stereo line-level RCA input and Output connections
- Input impedance – 47 kΩ (unbalanced line-level RCA).
- Continuously variable volume/gain control
- Continuously variable (0-180 degrees) phase control
- Continuously variable (50-160Hz) 12dB/octave low pass filter frequency with disable/lfe setting
- Fixed 80Hz 12dB/octave high pass filter on line level outputs
- RoHS compliant, lead free construction and world-wide safety certifications
- Detachable Power Cable