Limited stock subject to availability. Listening tests showed that metal springs and sub-chassis limit the sonic possibilities of our subchassis turntable classic Perspective. With the 6perspeX we cut our own path: The sub-chassis is made out of ´Corean´ which shows no resonances at all and this assembly is supported by magnetic power instead of metal springs providing excellent decoupling. The result was phenomenal, so we decided to combine this ultimate turntable design with our new High-End tone-arm Pro-Ject ´9cc Evolution´. As a conclusion, the revolutionary decoupling concept and the mechanical tone-arm masterpiece show outstanding abilities in fi ne dynamics and push the limits of analogue audio one step further.
• The transparent acrylic plinth stands on three individually height-adjustable Sorbothane®-damped aluminium cones and carries the motor and the sub-chassis. The sub-chassis, made of Corian, rests on tree magnetic fields. A supplied spirit level allows easy adjustment of the sub-chassis.
• A quiet running AC motor with a two-step pulley drives the platter's outside edge via a belt.
• The inverted bearing uses a stainless-steel axle carrying a ceramic ball on which the ceramic bearing plate runs.
• The resonance-optimised platter is a sandwich construction utilising a fine-balanced medium density fibre platter weighing 2Kg and a 4mm thick flat-ground layer of vinyl and a screw-down metal record clamp.
• Connection to the phono input of the amplifier can be made with connecting cables of your taste through the gold plated phono sockets and earth screw. A standard cable is provided.
• External power supply avoids potential electro-mechanical interference.
Tonearm 9cc Evolution
• The headshell and armtube are fashioned from a single piece of carbon-fibre.
• Conical armtube avoids standing wave reflections.
• Inverted tonearm bearing comprises four hardened stainless tips in ABEC7 spec ballraces.
• Rings provide very solid arm bearing housings. The massive outside ring is open to avoid resonances.
• Sorbothane®-damped counterweight effectively counteracts unwanted resonances.
• The counterweights supplied are suitable for cartridges weighing between 5 - 7,5g, 7 - 10g, 9 - 11g or 10 - 14g
• Counterweight shaft lowered to record level reduces cantilever forces and dynamic wow when playing warped records.
• Solid armbase permits accurate height adjustment of armtube and VTA (vertical tracing angle).
• Single-screw fixing of armtube allows rotation for easy adjustment of needle azimuth despite fixed headshell.
• Silicone-damped armlift can be adjusted to suit working height of the arm.
• The internal wiring consists of flexible high-purity copper from the headshell right through to the gold-plated phono sockets.
• High quality connection cable Pro-Ject Connect it Phono RCA-C supplied (123cm)
• Dust cover included
Pro-Ject Audio Systems offers their highend turntables with premium 5pin>RCA unbalanced arm cable or - by request - with premium balanced 5pin>XLR connection to Pro-Ject Phono Box RS preamplifier. Phono Box RS offers balanced phono inputs, what guarantees superior results in highend vinyl reproduction with a balanced signal source.
NOTE: The signal source and the receiving device have to be equipped with balanced connections. Transmission of audio signals in a balanced mode reduce the influence of interference due to external stray electric fields significantly.
Nominal speeds 33 / 45 r.p.m. Dust cover yes Magnet supported sub-chassis yes Record clamp yes RCA phono sockets yes Sorbothane-damped aluminium cones yes Tonearm Pro-Ject 9cc Evolution Carbon-fibre headshell and armtube yes Effective tonearm length 9 " (230mm) Effective tonearm mass 8g Overhang 18mm Supplied counterweights cartridge weights 5 - 7,5g, 7 - 10g, 9 - 11g and 10 - 14g Downforce range 10 - 35mN Speed variance ±0,5 % Wow and flutter ±0,06 % Signal to noise -73dB Platter weight/diameter 2kg/300mm Power supply type Mains-fed outboard power supply 220 - 240V, 50 cycles or 100 - 110V, 60 cycles Output voltage 16V/500mA AC Power consumption 2W Dimensions (lid open) 460 x 420 x 465mm Dimensions (lid closed) 460 x 183 x 365mm Weight 10,5kg
Vinyl vs Digital
One of the most commonly asked question is what is better? Vinyl or Digital music.
Short answer is both have their pros and cons.
I will go through the differences are we see them and try to list the pros and cons as comprehensively as we can.
- Delivers analog sound. This is what is refered to as a 'warm' sound. Analog sound is what we hear with our ears. The vibration of the styli (needle) in the groove of the record creates sine waves that is then reproduced by the amplifier and speakers. There is no digital conversion that is an estimate of the music.
- Can last a lifetime.
- Cartidges and styli can usually be upgraded.
- Delivers a wider frequency range including ultrasonic frequencies (above 20 kHz) that have been shown to help the body release endorphines that brings on that 'feel-good' feeling.
- Potentially more accurate sound.
- Can come with booklets with band photos and lyrics.
- Can be easily damaged.
- Large music collections can take up alot of space.
- Not 'toddler friendly' (though they DO make good frisbees)
- Needs more maintenance.
- Not a portable media.
- Large collections in very small space.
- Can be used in multiple devices. (computers, phones, MP3 players, CDs, USB sticks, etc)
- Much less suseptible to physical damage than vinyl.
- Can be organised much more efficiently. (search entire music libraries with a simple click)
- Digital devices can be improved by external Digital to Analog Convertors. (DACs)
- Can be digitally remastered after recording. (Usually done is a studio)
- Easy to make copies of files.
- Can lose entire collections if hard discs fail.
- Doesn't have the 'warmth' that vinyl has.
- Is not an exact copy of the music. Digital music is an estimate that is accomplished with 'sample rates' (the higher the sample rate the closer to the original)
- A lot of digital music is compressed. (lower sound quality)
- Potential compatability issues with different file types on different hardware.