- Purchase a pair of KEF LSX in any colour from an authorised Australian KEF retailer during the promotional period and receive a choice of either a men’s BOSS Signature Collection wallet in palmellato leather valued at $279 RRP or women’s HUGO Mayfair Ziparound wallet in tumbled Italian leather valued at $319 RRP for free via redemption. While stock lasts.
- Bonus offer promotion starts 1st September 2019 and ends 31st October 2019 or while stocks lasts.
- Bonus offer is limited to one per person, per transaction, while stock lasts. The bonus offer can not be exchanged or transferred for cash or any other offer.
- To claim your bonus men’s or woman’s HUGO BOSS wallet, you must register your purchase at www.advanceaudio.com.au/lsx and complete the required fields including name, address, email, contact number, where you purchased from and a copy of the receipt to prove your purchase. All registrations will be subject to approval. Once you submit your registration and it’s approved, please allow up to two weeks to receive your wallet. All registrations must be submitted within 7 days from the promotional end date, 31 October 2019.
Now with AirPlay 2
Built upon the same platform as the critically acclaimed LS50 Wireless, LSX is true to KEF’s founding principles - to create exceptional experiences through excellence in engineering.
LSX retains the same philosophy as LS50 Wireless, utilising one amplifier for each driver - two amplifiers totalling 100w in each speaker . A streaming preamplifier and DSP section, combined with a new incarnation of KEF’s legendary Uni-Q driver array is nestled within a FEA designed cabinet with a curved front baffle, proudly displaying the unique heritage of the LS50 family.
Whilst early experiments took place in 1881, modern stereophonic technology was developed in the 1930s by British engineer Alan Blumlein.
Dissatisfied with the experience of mono film sound at the time, Blumlein devised a way for the sound to follow the action on screen. Using a pair of speakers and novel recording techniques, the result was stereo - a much more lifelike experience for both film and music.
Fast forward to now. Stereo has been a part of recorded music for decades, yet so many have never experienced the true potential of their music collection.
Let LSX show you.
A Uni-Q experience
At the heart of LSX’s audio prowess is the new 4” Uni-Q driver array. This is a signature KEF technology continuously developed since 1988. Through precise positioning of the drivers, all frequencies emanate from the same point in space. This is called a point source, working in a similar way to the human voice.
A Uni-Q experience At the heart of LSX’s audio prowess is the new 4” Uni-Q driver array. This is a signature KEF technology continuously developed since 1988. Through precise positioning of the drivers, all frequencies emanate from the same point in space. This is called a point source, working in a similar way to the human voice. The effect is an amazing spread of sound - no tiny ‘HiFi sweet spot.’ Coupled with an extremely natural response, neither adding nor removing from the original recording, the soul of the music is fully realised by everybody in the room.
Alongside refinements throughout, the main addition is the ribbing of the midrange driver. This strengthens the cone, reducing distortion, leaving behind a purer, more natural sound. The effect is an amazing spread of sound - no tiny ‘HiFi sweet spot.’ Coupled with an extremely natural response, neither adding nor removing from the original recording, the soul of the music is fully realised by everybody in the room. Alongside refinements throughout, the main addition is the ribbing of the midrange driver. This strengthens the cone, reducing distortion, leaving behind a purer, more natural sound.
Setting the stage
Even the cabinet is packed with acoustic benefits:
• The curved front baffle reduces the diffraction effect, meaning any extra sound scattering into the room is drastically reduced.
• The FEA designed cabinet and bracing, alongside constrained layer damping (CLD) reduces resonance of the cabinet
• An FEA designed flared bass port also reduces the ‘chuffing’ effect at higher volumes.
• An almost invisible, yet ingenious heatsink design keeps the system cool, maximising electronic and driver performance.
• All of this contributes by not contributing. Rather, it lets the Uni-Q driver be the sole performer, providing a clear, natural and accurate sound.
Just add source
LSX follows this tradition. The even smaller boxes contain four amplifiers, one for each driver, totaling 100w per speaker, whilst the streaming preamplifier provides a wide range of potential sources, both wired and wireless.
LS50 Wireless was the ‘biggest small system’ available. Not simply a pair of speakers, it was a total solution, bringing exceptional sound quality in an easy to install package.
A passive speaker is an imperfect system full of compromise. When music is sent to different drivers, the process can cause phase issues, otherwise known as ‘time smearing.’ This makes music sound disorganised.
KEF’s unique Music Integrity Engine™, combined with the point source technology of Uni-Q, ensures that sound not only comes from a single point in space, but all at the correct time. The result is a tighter sound, with a beat that can be followed and a soundstage where you can almost point to where the sound is coming from.
True stereo sound is unleashed
In order to enjoy high resolution music on LS50 Wireless without the issue of dropout or latency, an Ethernet cable was employed. Now for LSX, a proprietary wireless technology has been developed, allowing you to cut the cord, supporting 48kHz/24bit audio wirelessly between the speakers (higher resolution files are downsampled). (The option to use a cable between the speakers is still there, allowing for playback of up to 96kHz/24bit.)
Play what you want
Wi-Fi & Bluetooth®
Wirelessly access all the music in the world through Spotify® Connect, Tidal ® or access a music library stored on a NAS drive via DLNA ® and uPNP, or Bluetooth with Qualcomm® aptX™. Apple® AirPlay ® 2 will extend LSX to become part of a multi-room wireless music system, easily controlled from iOS devices.
As TV sets became thinner, their sound quality decreased. Vastly improve your TV experience with LSX’s optical input, or connect your games console or other equipped source.
Friends want to plug in their phone? No problem. At the forefront of the vinyl revival? Add a phono stage to your turntable and connect to LSX. They aren’t fussy about the age of technology used.
Apple Airplay 2
Apple Airplay 2 (Available January 2019)
- Airplay 2 will come to LSX via a future firmware update
- The main benefit of Airplay 2 is to bringmultiroom audio via iOS and OSX to compatible devices
- In addition, Airplay 2 will streamline the LSX onboarding process by automatically transferring network log-in information during setup
Whilst LSX already provides impressive bass output, some people want to get even lower. An RCA output allows easy connection to the award winning Kube range of subwoofers, available in three different sizes to cater for different rooms and personal taste.
USB ‘charge out’
Personal assistant devices deserve to have a great voice. Using one of the audio inputs, you can play your Google Chromecast Audio, Amazon Echo Dot or other compatible device. The USB ‘charge out’ output provides the power. You just need to provide the music.
A reworked control system via two new apps - KEF Control and KEF Stream - makes using LSX a breeze. Intuitive layouts and easy to follow inapp guides will make you a master in minutes. Use Control to setup the speaker, apply sound settings, turn on/off LSX and switch sources. A front mounted LED provides instant source notification and feedback to the listener. Future firmware updates can be carried out ‘over-the-air’ through the app (with LSX connected with the inter-speaker cable).
For the speaker sound settings, particular attention has been paid to reduce the threshold of Hi-Fi knowledge required so that anybody can quickly and easily tailor the sound how they like it. The optional Stream app gives you access to your locally or network stored music, as well as Tidal (with a valid Hi-Fi tier subscription), playing up to 96kHz/24bit high resolution audio.*
Higher resolution music is downsampled
Uni-Q Driver Array
HF: 19mm aluminium dome
LF/MF 115mm magnesium/aluminium alloy cone
Frequency Range(-6dB) measured at 85dB/1m 49Hz - 28 kHz Frequency Range(+/-3dB) measured at 85dB/1m 54Hz - 28 kHz Power Input 100-240VAC 50/60Hz Amplifier OPutput Power
LF 70w HF 30w
Max SPL 102dB Input resolution up to 192kHz/24bit (depending on source resolution) Master/Slave speaker connection
Wireless: Proprierty connection 2.4GHz (transmit 24kHz/24bit)
Wired: RJ45 Ethernet (transmit 96Hz/24bit
2.4GHz/5GHz Dual -band WiFi network
Bluetooth 4.2 with aptX® codex
3.5mm Auxillary Input
RJ45 Ethernet (for network)
Wi-Fi Standard IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi Network Frequency Band Dual-band 2.4GHz/ 5GHz Bluetooth Range 10m Bluetooth memory 8 devices Dimension (W x H x D) 240 x 155 x 180 mm each speaker