The pinnacle of digital and streaming performance – the 851N is the ultimate network player. It’s features include; 24-bit/192kHz upsampling from all sources, native 24-bit/192kHz playback, USB, digital audio inputs and streaming over wi-fi including Spotify Connect, Apple AirPlay, and DSD.
- Network music player / DAC / digital pre-amp
- 4.3”(11cm) colour TFT display for viewing of album art, track info and menus
- Playback of multiple audio CODECs including 24-bit/192kHz studio master quality formats
- Spotify Connect supported for playback of Spotify music/playlists through the 851N
- 20,000 internet radio stations
- Digital pre-amplifier featuring optional digital volume control and channel balance
- Upsampling Digital to Analogue Converter featuring S/PDIF, TOSLINK, AES/EBU and USB digital inputs (all 24-bit compatible)
- Airplay technology for wireless audio streaming from Apple products
- ATF2 audio up-sampling to 24-bit/384kHz
- Twin Analog Devices AD1955 DACs
- USB audio input allowing streaming of up to 24-bit / 192kHz audio and DSD streams from a computer
- Audiophile grade oversize toroidal transformer
- Gapless playback supported
- Free Apple/Android app giving control of unit
- Support for optional BT100 Bluetooth receiver, allowing audio to be streamed and up-sampled from any paired aptX or A2DP Bluetooth device
- Balanced and unbalanced analogue audio outputs for superior connectivity
- Full metal casework with thick brushed aluminium front panel and dual layer damped feet, giving enhanced resonance control
- Available in black and silver finishes
The 851N is a network player designed to draw every last drop of detail from every digital audio source. It will make streaming and digital audio from phones, laptops and set-top boxes sound better than you thought possible. Designed from the ground up for serious performance, it's not only bristling with inputs and outputs, but also internally configured with high-end components. The result is the most versatile, powerful digital network player we have ever made.
The 851N features our renowned ATF2 24-bit/384kHz upsampling. Our unique ATF2 (Adaptive Time Filtering) doesn't just draw extra detail from every source (even CD, Blu-ray and "lossless" digital files), but also virtually eliminates "jitter" common in playing digital audio files – which can lead to a flatter, lifeless sound with tinnier bass response.
The feature-packed 851N also offers 24-bit/192kHz native input from all sources – USB, digital inputs, ethernet and wi-fi. So however you store your high-resolution files, the 851N will ensure they sound as the creators intended.
All bases covered
However you like your digital music, the 851N can handle it. With 5 USB sockets, 2 optical digital, 2 coaxial digital and XLR digital inputs, plus ethernet and wi-fi, the 851N is designed to cope with every source you need: Blu-ray, smartphones, tablets, laptops, games consoles, CD, set-top boxes and more.
As you'd expect, outputs are similarly high-end and wide-ranging, including XLR balanced and RCA unbalanced analogue, digital optical and coax, and IR control repeater so you can hide 851N in a cupboard – although there’s no need to hide the stunning colour screen.
The 851N is designed inside and out not just to deliver stunning audio quality, but to look beautiful as well. A new 4.3-inch TFT colour display shows current album artwork and more, while control is via remote or smartphone app. And the discreet all-metal chassis includes rigid aluminium front, top and sides not just to look good, but to also minimise vibration and maximise audio quality.
The playback options are extensive – Spotify Connect, Apple AirPlay, Internet Radio, USB with DSD, MP3, AAC, WMA, as well as lossless formats including FLAC, Apple and Ogg Vorbis. Digital audio connections in and out are covered, so are all major digital streaming services and so are all common digital audio formats – including the highest-resolution ones used to store or stream audio. And all in 24-bit/192kHz stunning high-definition clarity.
The 851N is also compatible with an optional BT100 to allow for Bluetooth streaming, and with internal processors that are upgradable via internet connection, the 851N is a very future-proof and functional network machine.
Twin AD1955 digital-to-analogue converters (DACs) configured in mono mode ensure maximum fidelity to both left and right signals, a fully linear power supply makes maximum use of the audiophile grade toroidal transformers inside and a brand new Zander processor enables not just 24-bit/192kHz streaming over wi-fi, but also a much quicker and more intuitive user interface.
D/A converters Twin Analog Devices AD1955 24-bit DACs Digital filter 2nd Generation ATF2 up-sampling to 24-bit/384kHz. Linear Phase, Minimum phase or Steep modes. Analogue filter 2-pole differential Bessel with DC servo (for both XLR and RCA outputs) Digital audio inputs 1 x AES/EBU, 2 x S/PDIF coaxial and 2 x TOSLINK optical USB Audio input USB Type B conforms to USB Audio profile 1.0 or 2.0 (user selectable) Analogue audio outputs Balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA analogue audio outputs Compatibility UPnP: Linear PCM 16-24 bit, 11.025-192kHz
Local USB media:Linear PCM 16-24 bit, 11.025-192kHz
USB Audio1.0: Linear PCM 16-24 bit, 44.1-96kHz
USB Audio 2.0: Linear PCM 16-24 bit, 44.1-192kHz or DSD (x64)
TOSLINK: 16-24 bit, 32-192kHz (using high quality TOSLINK optical cable)
S/PDIF: Linear PCM 16-24 bit, 32-192kHz
AES3/EBU: Linear PCM 16-24 bit, 32-192kHz
BT100 Bluetooth receiver: A2DP plus aptX
Internet radio: 16-24 bit, 11.025-192kHz
Audio formats ALAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, WMA, MP3, AAC, HE AAC, AAC+, OGG Vorbis Standby power consumption <0.5W Dimensions
(H x W x D)
115 x 430 x 360mm (4.5 x 16.9 x 14.7”) Weight 8.1kg (17.9lbs)
The pinnacle of digital and streaming performance – the 851N is the ultimate network player. It’s features include; 24-bit/192kHz upsampling from ...
$2,899.00Ask Our Price