- Vinyl vs DigitalQuestion by: general_question on 2016-07-21 23:29:28
One of the most commonly asked question is what is better? Vinyl or Digital music.
Short answer is both have their pros and cons.
I will go through the differences are we see them and try to list the pros and cons as comprehensively as we can.
- Delivers analog sound. This is what is refered to as a 'warm' sound. Analog sound is what we hear with our ears. The vibration of the styli (needle) in the groove of the record creates sine waves that is then reproduced by the amplifier and speakers. There is no digital conversion that is an estimate of the music.
- Can last a lifetime.
- Cartidges and styli can usually be upgraded.
- Delivers a wider frequency range including ultrasonic frequencies (above 20 kHz) that have been shown to help the body release endorphines that brings on that 'feel-good' feeling.
- Potentially more accurate sound.
- Can come with booklets with band photos and lyrics.
- Can be easily damaged.
- Large music collections can take up alot of space.
- Not 'toddler friendly' (though they DO make good frisbees)
- Needs more maintenance.
- Not a portable media.
- Large collections in very small space.
- Can be used in multiple devices. (computers, phones, MP3 players, CDs, USB sticks, etc)
- Much less suseptible to physical damage than vinyl.
- Can be organised much more efficiently. (search entire music libraries with a simple click)
- Digital devices can be improved by external Digital to Analog Convertors. (DACs)
- Can be digitally remastered after recording. (Usually done is a studio)
- Easy to make copies of files.
- Can lose entire collections if hard discs fail.
- Doesn't have the 'warmth' that vinyl has.
- Is not an exact copy of the music. Digital music is an estimate that is accomplished with 'sample rates' (the higher the sample rate the closer to the original)
- A lot of digital music is compressed. (lower sound quality)
- Potential compatability issues with different file types on different hardware.Answer by: on
MARANTZ SA14S1 SE Special Edition Super Audio CD Player
New Premium Products from Marantz are always reason for the audiophile community to celebrate. And the new 14 Series Special Edition lovingly thrusts the audio experience to new levels.
New Premium Products from Marantz are always reason for the audiophile community to celebrate. And the new 14 Series Special Edition thrusts the audio experience to new levels – because this Special Edition has been lovingly fi ne-tuned and passionately optimized for High Resolution files: marking the new era in music adoration.
The SA-14S1 Special Edition includes a heavy 5mm thick aluminum top lid and highly rigid feet to minimize vibration as well as an oversized Toroidal transformer and a strong power supply section that generates the cleanest of power to eliminate component cross-contamination.
This is the perfect platform reference-quality sound. It includes a DAC-Mode that’s almost identical in functionality to that of the revolutionary, award-winning NA-11S1. It has optical and coaxial digital input as well as USB-B for direct connection to a PC. This means it provides direct high-definition audio streaming from your PC so you can make use of the high quality DAC and the high quality audio output stage with HDAM-SA2 modules. That’s why, importantly, this newly developed player also includes our latest ground/signal isolator technology, to virtually eliminate PC noise.
The player can operate as a soundcard for your PC and the USB-B port works in asynchronous mode to support not only 192kHz / 24bits but also the DSD 2.8MHz and 5.6MHz for maximized versatility and performance. It even has a USB input on the front to play MP3, WAV, and AAC formats, and, of course it’s iPod/iPhone compatible. This is Super Audio CD quality in the sublime, and more. Much more.
- Product Id :1326
- Brand :Marantz
- Product Name :MARANTZ SA14S1 SE Special Edition Super Audio CD Player
- Product Url :https://www.apollohifi.com.au/audio/marantz-sa14s1-special-edition-super-audio-cd-player.html