Complementing Motion's sonic accuracy is elegant yet understated styling. Flawless high-gloss, piano black finishes and subtle curves, along with our signature perforated grille, give Motion Series speakers an elegant and timeless look. Tower models feature a real-wood veneer finish and a stylish aesthetic certain to blend with any decor.
The curves also serve a purpose; they allow Motion compact bookshelves to mount at two different angles with the included wall bracket (or with aftermarket using 1/4 x 20" threaded insert). This means you can point sound directly toward the desired listening area for high or low wall mounting applications. Beauty and brains!
Motion 2/4, 6/8 & FX speakers feature convenient push-style speaker terminals and curved inserts help guide speaker wire effortlessly into place. The rubber end caps on the terminal are also removable for the use of banana plugs instead of bare wire. So simple, you'll actually enjoy hooking up these speakers.
Folded Motion™ Cascading Bass Port
MartinLogan engineers were faced with a daunting task—create a compact speaker with low-end bass reproduction found in speakers much, much larger. After many sleepless night and a myriad of prototypes, they created the Folded Motion Cascading Bass Port. This brilliant solution allows a long tuned port, which is folded over itself (think of a trombone's tuning arm) to be compacted and squeezed into the Motion 4. The result is amazingly detailed low bass that can play at high volumes with minimum distortion—all thanks to the elegantly simple cascading fold that slows down and controls the air motion of the bass waves.
- Folded MotionTM tweeter
- 3.5-inch poly cone low-mass woofer with rigid structure dust cap.
- Precision VojtkoTM crossover with custom air core coil and low DCR steel laminate inductors, and polyester film and low DF electrolytic capacitors
- Bookshelf or on-wall installation (wall-mount included)
- Convenient push-style binding posts easily adapt to accept banana plugs.
- Frequency Response: 110–25,000 Hz ± 3dB
- Sensitivity: 86 dB/2.83 volts/meter
- Impedence: 4 Ohms. Compatible with 4, 6 or 8 Ohm rated amplifiers
- Crossover Frequency: 2800 Hz
- High Frequency Driver: 1 x 1.4” (2.6 x 3.6 cm) Folded Motion Transducer with 5.25 x 1.75” (13.3 x 4.4 cm) diaphragm
- Mid/Low Freq. Drivers 3.5” (8.9 cm) poly cone
- Recommended Amp: 20–100 watts
- Weight: 4 lbs. (1.81 kg)
- Dimensions: 11.3 x 5.3 x 4.5” (28.6 x 13.3 x 11.4 cm)