Motion 15 extends the award-winning Motion® Series sound to a more traditional bookshelf package, with luxurious high-gloss wood finishes and matching aesthetics to the rest of the Motion floorstanding lineup.
The High-Performance Motion 15 bookshelf features an advanced resolution Folded Motion™ tweeter, a low-distortion 5.25-inch high-excursion black-aluminum woofer, and low-turbulence rear-firing bass port for extended bass performance, all in a traditional bookshelf package.
MartinLogan’s signature perforated steel grille attaches magnetically to the solidly constructed 3/4-inch thick MDF cabinets on the Motion 15. Hidden discretely underneath the grille, the drivers are held securely in place by a solid, black-anodized brushed aluminum baffle.
Folded Motion tweeters and woofers are seamlessly blended with an advanced topology crossover network featuring polypropylene and low-DF electrolytic capacitors, custom wound inductors, and thermal and current protection. The Motion 15 also features recessed custom 5-way binding posts for connection versatility.
- Frequency Response 60–25,000 Hz ± 3 dB
- Dispersion 80° x 80°
- High Frequency Driver 1” x 1.4” (2.6cm x 3.6cm)
- Folded Motion Transducer with 5.25” x 1.75” (13.3cm x 4.4cm) diaphragm.
- Low Frequency Transducer
- 5.25” (13.3cm) aluminum cone with cast basket. Non-resonant asymmetrical chamber format. Rigid structured dust cap to reduce cone break-up modes.
- Sensitivity 92 dB @ 2.83 volts/meter
- Impedance 5 Ohms. Compatible with 4, 6 or 8 Ohm rated amplifiers.
- Recommended Amplifier Power 20–200 watts
- Crossover Frequency 2,700 Hz
- Cabinet Ported
- Components Custom air core coil and low DCR steel laminate inductors. Polypropylene film capacitors in series and low DF electrolytic capacitors in parallel. Overall system thermal/current protection.
- Inputs Custom 5-way binding posts
- Weight 12 lbs. (5.4 kg)
- Dimensions 29cm x 17.3cm x 24.2cm
*Specifications are subject to change without notice.