SX-50 Bookshelf Speakers
Simplicity of design. Incredible performance.
With the SX-50, we've created a speaker that offers immense hi-fi performance at a ridiculously reasonable price.
The SX-50 is designed from the ground up by our engineers in London, with a custom-designed 5-inch driver, silk dome tweeter and full range ported bass reflex design. Other components were hand-picked by our team and the final design was painstakingly voiced to provide the best possible sound quality.
That stunning sound quality also comes in a surprisingly small package, making these compact speakers ideal where space is an issue, particularly in smaller rooms or when used as satellite speakers in a serious surround system.
Created by music lovers, for music lovers…
Following Cambridge Audio’s “Sound First” principles, the SX-50 is designed to sound truly stunning, at a price that’s unbeatable. That’s down to our laser-like focus on delivering audio quality, not marketing hype or extraneous features. We put the money where it counts and we believe you’ll be able to hear the results!
- High power, efficient woofer magnets deliver deep bass without putting stress on your amp
- Custom-designed bass driver with treated paper cone for a smooth and even frequency response
- Silk dome tweeter combines a soft, smooth sound with high levels of detail
- Dedicated foam damper behind the tweeter reduces reflections and increases sound stage depth for a truly spacious, room-filling experience where you can pick out every instrument
- Precisely optimised crossovers give the smoothest and most linear response
- Rigid MDF cabinet modelled using CAD so that the speaker dimensions minimise standing waves, for a more precise bass response.
Sensitivity: 90dB Frequency Response 50Hz - 22 kHz Impedance: 8 Ohms Recommended amplifier power: 10-100 watts Drivers: Tweeter: 1 x 25mm (1") silk dome tweeter
Mid/Bass: 1 x 135mm (5.25") treated paper cone
Crossover: 2 way Ported: 1 rear Colour: Black or Walnut Dimensions (W x H x D) 225 x 161 x 240mm (8.9 x 6.3 x 9.4") Weight 3.0kg (6.6lbs)