This Minx Stereo system is the world’s most discreet yet musically impressive mini speaker package and its ability to fill the room will have your friends wondering how something so powerful can be so small.
At just 8cm/3” square, jaws are guaranteed to drop every time you entertain! Thanks to Minx’s ingenious implementation of BMR technology, these ultra wide bandwidth speakers can handle an extraordinary range of frequencies and work harmoniously with the matching 200 Watt digital active subwoofer to deliver awesome results without eating into your living space.
Why Minx sounds better than the rest...
The science behind Minx is difficult to explain, but much of the magic comes courtesy of an intensive two-year development programme by Cambridge Audio’s engineers to achieve extraordinary sound from incredibly small cabinets.
BMR (Balanced Mode Radiator) technology features in each Minx satellite speaker
Cambridge Audio BMR drivers utilise patented ‘bending wave’ principles normally seen in advanced flat panel speakers combined with pistonic movement (backwards and forwards) like in a traditional speaker design. This bestows Minx with a much wider frequency response than comparable style speakers for much deeper and more powerful bass frequencies plus incredibly spacious sound. Quite naturally you want your speakers to fit into your home rather than designing your living space around your system, and once again Cambridge Audio’s BMR adds value by delivering a much broader sound dispersion across the entire room, avoiding the typical ‘sweet spot’ pitfall of other style speakers, for the most enveloping sound imaginable.
The digital subwoofer advantage...
Minx’s three powerful subwoofers offer equally significant technological advances, implementing a forward firing driver for amazing punch and attack combined with an innovative Auxiliary Bass Radiator (ABR) to deliver superior efficiency and enable a much smaller footprint.
They also feature a sophisticated Digital Signal Processor (DSP) designed by Cambridge Audio’s software engineers for the most sensational performance from unfeasibly tiny enclosures. Regardless of your room’s shape and size Minx’s DSP and simple set-up adjustments ensure your system is perfectly customised for placement almost anywhere.
But critically, every Minx system sounds truly integrated for the purest sound whether you’re enjoying a live classical concert or an adrenaline-pumping car chase.
Awesome bass... hidden anywhere you like
Minx subs implement sophisticated Digital Signal Processing (DSP) and Auxiliary Bass Radiator (ABR) technologies for incredible efficiency from a tiny footprint.
2x MIN12 Speakers
- Balance Mode Radiator (BMR) for full range performance and wide dispersion
- Small, discrete and stylish
- Truly versatile, works in any room and fits in any space - stand-mount, wall mount, or position on any surface
- Movies, music and more: Minx delivers great sound whether for the crashes and explosions in movies, for music and for gaming too.
- Minx’s modular system can be customised or added to, available in different sizes and colours, there is no limit to the combinations you can create.
- Auxiliary Bass Radiators to maximize efficiency and power yet minimize cabinet footprint
- Digital Signal Processor – provides equalisation to maximise volume while preventing driver overload or distortion
- Full rear panel control to ensure the subwoofers match your set-up and listening preferences
- Compact and discrete design enabling the subwoofers to be hidden away anywhere - be heard not seen
Sensitivity (SPL) Min 12: 86dB (2.83 Vrms input) Frequency response Min 12: 150Hz-20kHz Impedance 8 Ohms compatible Recommended Amp Power 25 - 200W Dimensions
(H x W x D)
Min 12: 78 x 78 x 85mm (3.1 x 3.1 x 3.3”) Weight Min 12: 0.43kg (0.95lbs) Finishes High gloss black
High gloss white
Power Output Minx X201: 200W Frequency Response Minx X201: 36Hz (-6dB) – 200Hz Crossover Active – variable 50Hz-200Hz Drivers Minx X201: 1 x 6.5" subwoofer 2 x 6.5" passive radiator Dimensions
(H x W x D)
Minx X201: 219 x 210 x 222mm (8.6 x 8.3 x 8.7") Weight Minx X201: 5.0Kg (11.0lbs) Finishes High gloss black
High gloss white